All of our food is sourced, packed and delivered fresh and we always expect it to last you through the week, though often it will last longer.
Some food such as meat does have a shorter shelf life than others, so we plan your meals over each week to ensure maximum freshness. You'll see this order shown on the recipe cards, and this will match the expiry dates of the meat. We recommend following this suggested dinner schedule to ensure the freshest meals possible.
Here are a couple of tips to make sure your ingredients last as long as possible:
- If you plan to cook a meal later in the week (or perhaps on the weekend) pop the meat in the freezer as soon as it arrives. This can be defrosted in the fridge during the day so it's ready to cook in the evening.
- Ensure all vegetables are stored in the fridge, preferably in the crisper drawer. Or even a plastic tupperware-like container.
- If you don't have a crisper drawer, resealable plastic or silicone bags work well to keep moisture in.
- Make sure root veggies like potatoes are stored away from sunlight.
- Keep any herbs well sealed in the fridge to prevent them from drying out.
We also include best before dates for all of our main ingredients, so you always know when we’d recommend the items are consumed by.
Still have a question? Contact our Customer love team here.