At My Food Bag, we fully support sustainable fishing practices and consider it one of our core principles.
Sustainability is a worldwide issue, especially with seafood - that's why we felt it was important to implement our Approved Supplier Programme.
We believe in ethical and sustainable farming practices for all of our produce, meat and fish. All of our suppliers must adhere to our Approved Supplier Programme. The sustainability and ethical requirements suppliers must adhere to are both comprehensive and designed to ensure they conform not only legally but also to what our customers expect from us.
In addition to other food safety, ingredient and operational requirements, the sustainability and ethical requirements that our suppliers must adhere to are as follows:
- Exclusive use of free range, free farmed or wild meat and animal products
- Fair worker remuneration, and labour rights
- Suppliers operate an approved Health and Safety policy under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, or subsequent legislation
- Bribery and corruption free business practices
- Seafood procured in line with the NZ’s Quota Management System (QMS)
- Products free of harmful preservatives and/or additives
Sustainability pervades everything we do and our suppliers are required to support us in this.