On average, 97% of our produce is sourced from New Zealand and has grown significantly over the last few years. There is some produce we cannot source in NZ, like tropical fruits or ginger, which represents the other 3%.
We work with over 250 regional produce growers and farmers who supply us with fresh produce and free-range or free farmed products.We support local grower innovation by guaranteeing the purchase of trial crops if they are successful (in some instances we fund the seeds for these crops). These crops are unique and different for our customers keeping bags interesting.
My Food Bag is the largest procurer of free farmed pork in New Zealand and the third largest free range chicken purchaser. Suppliers who started with us five years ago are growing alongside us and we are proud to be making a difference to businesses nationwide.